Thursday, June 14, 2012

Consider This...

Is. 41:18    I will open rivers on the bare heights,
                  and fountains in the midst of the valleys.
                  I will make the wilderness a pool of water,
                  and the dry land springs of water.
Is. 41:19    I will put in the wilderness the cedar,
                 the acacia, the myrtle, and the olive.
                 I will set in the desert the cypress,
                 the plane and the pine together,
Is. 41:20   that they may see and know,
                 may consider and understand together,
                 that the hand of the LORD has done this,
                 the Holy One of Israel has created it.

I read this Monday morning and reflected on Sunday’s message.  I love that God takes everyday common things.....and even in this passage worse than common......bare heights, valleys and wilderness and grows rivers, fountains, pools, springs of water.  And He takes wilderness and desert and plane and plants cedar, acacia, myrtle, olive, cypress and pine trees.  Sounds pretty wet and pretty lush to me......smack dab in the middle of the unlikely.
  
And He does all this “that they may see and know....and understand together.....that the Lord has done this!!!”
 
That’s encouraging when I look at the all familiar wilderness or valley or desert or bare height or plane and wonder what can be done with this barrenness.  I love this about our God.  I pray that we’ll be faithful in walking and trusting and worshipping and gathering and drawing near and holding fast and stirring one another up to love and good works IN the mess..............because of what He did with our mess.  (Hebrews 10:14-25)

Ben McGraw